Resource Grading Scale
This page explains the "Rating" listed under the Details of each resource. I made this scale in hopes of helping educators be able to tell, at a glance, which texts will best suit their particular class, and to allow me to include background reading for professors, which go beyond the reading scope of most undergraduate courses. If you think a text should be rated differently, let me know!
- A+ — Great primer, decent detail, easy to understand. Broadly accessible.
- A — Great resource and detail, but may require some pre-knowledge.
- A* — Great deep-dive on its subject, graduate level. May not interest all readers.
- B+ — Useful introduction or collection, may lack details.
- B — Useful text, requires some knowledge but is comprehensible.
- B* — Great exploration of breadth of experience, mostly unconnected to practical or theoretical issues.
- S+ — Unrelated to most practical situations, but good theory-work or basic research.
- S — Relies heavily on knowledge of ace theory or discourse, but offers useful insight into praxis.
- S* — Primary research probably unsuited for students, but may be informative for lecturers.